Snow removal from site

Justwin1982

My area is getting a pretty decent amount of snow this year. I've been thinking about getting a bobcat and relocating snow on the property as well as taking it off site. Lots of other plow drivers and myself included are running out of room to push the snow in residential locations.

Does anyone currently do this?

Any tips?

Thanks!

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
My area is getting a pretty decent amount of snow this year. I've been thinking about getting a bobcat and relocating snow on the property as well as taking it off site. Lots of other plow drivers and myself included are running out of room to push the snow in residential locations.

Does anyone currently do this?

Any tips?

Thanks!
At some locations snow is hauled away after every event. This is typical for areas like downtown.
Your biggest challenge might be finding a dump site.

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
Happens all the time.

Lots of hours spent re-locating piles, loading trucks, pushing back piles through the years. Nice work to get.
Spent about an hour yesterday at a couple lots relocating with just the plow. Lots are tight and full of cars, gotta push where you can and go back to chisel the pile and push to another location to make room when cars are gone.

BossPlow2010

PlowSite Fanatic
If you can get your hands on a wheel loader or a backhoe use that instead, much more efficient.
Around here it can be difficult to find locations to dump snow because of all the contaminates in it, usually you’ll see it in a parking lot that’s asphalt millings (seasonal parking lots) like your local baseball diamond or sucker field.

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
The ramp we plow has to have it removed almost every snowfall. We use a Bobcat due to weight ratings of the ramp...and a loader won't fit. Our 244 would probably be under the weight rating but there just isn't enough room to load.

The other issue is it has to be done during the day due to a noise ordinance. We can plow at night, but not remove snow at night...figure that one oot.

jonniesmooth

PlowSite Veteran
The ramp we plow has to have it removed almost every snowfall. We use a Bobcat due to weight ratings of the ramp...and a loader won't fit. Our 244 would probably be under the weight rating but there just isn't enough room to load.

The other issue is it has to be done during the day due to a noise ordinance. We can plow at night, but not remove snow at night...figure that one oot.
Plowing is essential and can't be scheduled?
But that's dumb, it's a parking ramp.
Trucks can't deliver at night either?
I'm thinking the noise issue is all the back up alarms?
Have a supervisor block the entrance to control access and shut the alarms off.
But in the spirt of Philbilly ,you can charge more because you have to deal with traffic and it takes longer.

1620cwj

You have to have a plan when snow comes. Pushing snow back as far as you can from the get go. I would push snow into a backyard if needed. Commercial again push anywhere you fine extra space. Hauling, dump truck and front loader, plan months ahead just in case you had to haul away. Research places that would take the snow without contaminating the area. Planning, start in July or August.

cjames808

B54CF0AF-FA7C-4D45-A27B-4D7D280CB09B.jpeg

I’ll move snow, ice, Kias etc.

Top Forums