Snow Plows with Tracks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Rondo, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Rondo

Rondo Member
    from 54166

Does anyone have a vehicle with tracks that is used for snow plowing? :drinkup:

snowcat 1.jpg

Tracked Polaris.jpg

2. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

No but I'm going to buy a atv with tracks to snowblow or plow a driveway and to play around in the snow with.

3. OP
    OP
    Rondo

Rondo Member
    from 54166

Homemade Track Vehicles

I would like to build something like this converted semi vehicle. [first picture] Toyota body and tracks wrapped around 12 semi tires. I recently called a company in MN to price out the bolt on track sets that fit on a pickup or Blazer. Get this!!! $24.000 Dollars!! Yes that's not a mistake! Yikes, I guess I'll have to build one myself. :dizzy:
    Any ideas??

Track truck. Sno Blaz, Blaz in Mud.jpg

4. JCStrasser

JCStrasser Member

This climbs Mt Washington NH during the winter:

[​IMG]

This is one company that supplies vehicle track conversions:

http://www.mattracks.com/

5. Ex1900Driver

Ex1900Driver Junior Member

Those are just... well, I was amazed when I visited the website and saw all the different things they could do with tracks instead of tires.

Ex1900Driver

6. Pat M

Pat M Member

Tracks are an amazing thing. I have a set for my Grizzly 660 and it is amazing with the snowbanks you can climb with them. I will try to take some pics today if not a video and post it up. Next is to get a set of tracks for my wife's Rhino and see what that thing can do. I know there is a video with a set of tracks on an original H1. An H1 going through everything is amazing, but seeing it with a set of track is really amazing.

7. Brandon

Brandon Member

8. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Got anymore pics of that first vehicle? The orange toyota with tracks. doug