Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, given all the extras that the snow plow prep package gives to the truck, I'm wondering if any of you installed the package for something else that snow plowing or if you installed the package but never the plow. Thanks

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Ford's plow prep includes heavier front springs, and possibly a heavier alternator depending on the other options. Easy enough to add both, and neither is expensive. On older chevies I know the fan clutch was different, not sure if that's still the case.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
I try to get as many of the HD type packages I can when I buy a new truck. I got my current truck with the regular Tow package (tow 7k lbs. trailer in summer) as well as the 5th Wheel/Gooseneck package (haven't used it yet).

Some of the equipment might be offered with other packages as well. The Snow Chief package on my truck comes with transfer case skid plate, auto-locking rear diff., cab lights, 220 amp alt. and 5 dash mounted auxiliary switches. The 220 amp alt. might also come with either the regular Tow package and/or 5th Wheel/Gooseneck package.

NYH1.

Reactions: 512high
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.