1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow plow driver shot at

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kenidaho, Jan 5, 2009.

1. kenidaho

kenidaho Junior Member

People are getting tired of teh snow

Man in custody after shots fired at plow driver
    Staff reports
    The Spokesman-Review

Police arrested a Spokane man they say fired a shot at a plow driver this morning.

Zachary Hunt, 22, was booked into the Spokane County Jail on a 1st-degree assault charge after an argument with a man operating a private plow in the 6400 block of North Perry about 10 a.m., according to police.

The plow driver was plowing a lot at 6463 North Perry when he noticed a man in a blue Toyota truck - later identified as Hunt - driving toward him, police said. The driver honked his horn, according to police, they two argued, and Hunt pulled out a handgun and fired a shot.

No one was hurt.

“The bullet just missed the plow driver,” said Spokane Police Officer Tim Moses.

Ken

2. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

perfect example of what we have been talking about in the "who carrys while there plowing" thread

3. Derek83

Derek83 Junior Member

That hits close to home. Last year when I was plowing at about 2am for a customer there next door neighbor came out with a shot gun and amied it at me because I was too close to his bushes thank God he did not pull the trigger. I called the cops and he actualy admtied to it and showed them the gun. They ended up taking all of his guns and almost a year later when it finally made it to court he did not get much more then a small fine and a slap on the wrist.

4. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

it should of ended ; plow driver cleared after running over man who shot at him.

5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

in arizona... if you aim a gun at someone, you will get prosicuted the same as if you killed them,....I knew a friend of a friend...currently serving los of time, just for aiming

6. Derek83

Derek83 Junior Member

If my wife would have not been with, and there was'nt a snow pile in between us there is not a doubt in my mind I would have ran him over.

7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Just brandishing one in Mass is mandatory 5 year jail term (for any firearm offense), plus assault with deadly weapon charge- now firing adds a whole new world of hurt in the Kommenwealth.

8. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

Now, was the plow driver in a Ford or a Chevy?

9. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

What is wrong with people?

10. I couldn't agree more. Perfect timing...

11. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I wonder, what if the plow guy was armed. Like so many of you who say you are, I think someone would be dead now, and the other guy with a legal night mare.

12. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I have the street plow and the sidewalk plow wake me up :sleeping: you just need to medicate yourself before you go to bed :drinkup::drinkup:

13. Oh in situations like this the list of "What ifs" is endless. What if the guy continued to fire at the plow driver rather than just taking one shot? The driver would probably be dead now... Since he wasnt armed...

I'd rather deal with a ton of legal crap than getting dirt in my nose 6 feet under...

14. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

exactly thats what lawers are for

15. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah thats what i was thinking, if your in that much danger, run the ahole over.... Besides, some of us have more than one truck/route.. what are we going to do then? "Arm our staff with 9mm pistols prior to plowing"? Yeah maybe it makes US feel better if we have something concealed under the seat, but how does that help us as a company or doing our job?

Someone has a problem, starts yelling, aiming, throwing something, call the @#%$# cops, make them get out in the thick of the storm and do their damn jobs. All theyre doing anyway is sitting in the Dunkin Donuts eating and trying to catch speeders, people with tint on their windows or inspection violations lol, harmfull stuff right there:gunsfiring:

16. 04red2500

04red2500 Member
    from MI

If it would have been me in the truck that guy would be eating a lead pill for sure. He would have had the time to get a shot off as soon as i saw the guy i would have unload a clip!!!

17. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

If you do pop a cap on that a-hole then you better at least protect him and specially his gun by not letting anyone take it. Also, don't touch it. He will swear that you shot him for no reason at all.
    Some people are very good a lying.

18. Its not as easy as it sounds. And a shooter might be an excellent marksman. Let me tell you, if it was me shooting at you I guarantee you wouldn't be able to call the cops. I can shot the eyeball out of a fly at 30 yards. Phones are excellent tools but I wouldn't call them "protection"....

19. 04red2500

04red2500 Member
    from MI

He wont be tell his side of the story unless the LEOS can talk to the dead!!!

20. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Not here in Indiana our man Mitch passed a law, can't remember name, but if a criminal is trying to get away in most states you cannot kill or shot him....well thanks to Mitch you can. If this guy was carrying there wouldn't be a legal battle he would be dead IMO.