Snow Plowing Forum banner

snow pics

3K views 28 replies 27 participants last post by  jammin 
#1 ·
snowpics-FIXED!

Got these pic of our blower in action during the last snow storm. Not bad for a piece of equipment over 30 years old.

[Edited by steveair on 01-05-2001 at 08:22 AM]

See less See more
#5 ·
Ground speed,

when hitting a big pile (4ft plus) it does about 4-5mph, a little faster for smaller windrows.

It does eat concrete. Found remains of a cinder block left in the chute when it melted out finally. Also does a nice job on taxi way lights!

steveair

#7 ·
Re: snowpics-FIXED!

Originally posted by steveair
Got these pic of our blower in action during the last snow storm. Not bad for a piece of equipment over 30 years old.

my son enjoyed those ,thank s

-----------------------------------------
No sense in quoting all the photos as well.

~Chuck
-----------------------------------------

[Edited by ChucksChevyPages on 01-05-2001 at 03:21 PM]

#16 ·
A Town near me is buying a used Osch Kosh (sp) for around $20000 Can I' not sure how old it is but probally close to 30 too. They already have one but want another for a spare. Most of the higways here tender out to farm type tractors with big front mount blowers on them. 150 hp and up
There is a custom built one in our local Truck trader, a guy used a New Idea combine for the drive unit and mounted a 10' snowblower onto the front. 4 wheel drive, 185HP and has a 20' sweeper for it too. $15000 Can takes it.

#19 ·
Boy could I have used one of those today,spent all afternoon pushing back windrows at the airport.Alot of back and forth thank goodness for a good stereo.

#22 ·
Great pics. My kids thought that blower is cool!!!

#23 ·
Great pics steve,where i used to work a big blower like that ate the 11 ft cutting edge that broke off our Tandem axle Dodge-stopped it in its tracks-bang,those poor guys were upset trying to untwist it out of the auger,needed a torch and new sheer pins.Those blowers do rock,they throw rubber airplane wheel chocks a good 300 ft.

#24 ·
Nice Pics,

There's one kinda like that sitting behind a garage near me but it hasn't moved for at least 20 years.
They also have a Bombadier with tracks on it that has a V plow on it which hasn't moved in years either.
THe blower is a big sucker too but not that big as that one, has a seperate pony motor with a drive shaft running up over the cab to power the blower.
The city of Albany has a couple like it to clear their streets when they can't push the banks back.

To big for me to use thou...but it would come in handy for those big windrows when you can't push them anymore.

Dan

#26 ·
Steve, have you or someone else operating one of those hit like a manhole with one of those?
The guys at our airport have tried to save time a couple different times by just using the blower instead of sweeping/plowing and then blowing. You should see what happens to one when someone hits a manhole at about 30 MPH. The biggest problem is they did it twice. Guess they should have tried Dino's urethane edge after the first time. We get our plows repaired the same place they got their blowers fixed and I tried talking the guy who runs it into letting me borrow it for the night--didn't happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.