Snow Flakes? WHERE???

BossPlowMaster

Senior Member
Location
oshkosh wi
Anyone else getting super excited about the 2013 plowing season??? I literally have spent many nights this past few weeks sleepless because of how excited i am about plowing this season. This will be my first year plowing with my own truck for my own "company". Any words of advice for this young lad?

Ps. Yes my truck is a Ford...I actually expect it to do work wesport
 

Wilnip

Senior Member
Location
Johnstown, PA
BossPlowMaster;1641405 said:
Anyone else getting super excited about the 2013 plowing season??? I literally have spent many nights this past few weeks sleepless because of how excited i am about plowing this season. This will be my first year plowing with my own truck for my own "company". Any words of advice for this young lad?

Ps. Yes my truck is a Ford...I actually expect it to do work wesport

Calm down! Lol. Seriously, that ecxitment can quickly turn into worry and regret. Plan, plan, plan, and lets hope your first couple snowfalls are a nice easy 2" on the weekend's. By whe way, it won't go according to plan.
 
OP
BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster

Senior Member
Location
oshkosh wi
grandview;1641411 said:
Tell us how you feel after a few storms that start at 4am!
I get up at 3 am to start my route as most of my customers are needing their driveways open to head to work ! I'm an early bird but I figure there will be many sleepless days in the future for me. I handle It well though
 
OP
BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster

Senior Member
Location
oshkosh wi
Wilnip;1641420 said:
Calm down! Lol. Seriously, that ecxitment can quickly turn into worry and regret. Plan, plan, plan, and lets hope your first couple snowfalls are a nice easy 2" on the weekend's. By whe way, it won't go according to plan.
Its not new to me though. This would be my 4th season plowing snow. I've taken on 14" of snow past year in our biggest storm here in OshKosh and man did that suck but I was actually fastest to get my route done. And yes it was quality work.
 

Wilnip

Senior Member
Location
Johnstown, PA
BossPlowMaster;1641405 said:
This will be my first year plowing with my own truck for my own "company". Any words of advice for this young lad?

Ps. Yes my truck is a Ford...I actually expect it to do work wesport

Thats my point, its different when its your accounts, your truck, your responsibility. You know how to "plow snow", now you are running a company. Much different. But we all started where you are. And to answer your question, I hate to admit it but yes :nod:, I am getting excited. Already looking for more trucks and a back blade.
 
OP
BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster

Senior Member
Location
oshkosh wi
Wilnip;1641423 said:
Thats my point, its different when its your accounts, your truck, your responsibility. You know how to "plow snow", now you are running a company. Much different. But we all started where you are. And to answer your question, I hate to admit it but yes :nod:, I am getting excited. Already looking for more trucks and a back blade.

I am literally crawling out of my skin i am so excited. Must be this cool spell we are having this year... its normally 80 degrees plus!

"Getting an inch of snow, is like winning 10 cents from the lottery"
 

Mark13

PlowSite Fanatic
Location
Snowless IL.
BossPlowMaster;1641421 said:
I get up at 3 am to start my route as most of my customers are needing their driveways open to head to work ! I'm an early bird but I figure there will be many sleepless days in the future for me. I handle It well though

It's hard to start your route at 3am when it doesn't start snowing to 4am. Then it's a mad rush to make places that open at 7-9am for business look presentable and safe for everyone who will be outside walking around.

BossPlowMaster;1641429 said:
"Getting an inch of snow, is like winning 10 cents from the lottery"

An inch of snow can still pay big. Salting and zero tolerance places.
 
OP
BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster

Senior Member
Location
oshkosh wi
Mark13;1641440 said:
It's hard to start your route at 3am when it doesn't start snowing to 4am. Then it's a mad rush to make places that open at 7-9am for business look presentable and safe for everyone who will be outside walking around.



An inch of snow can still pay big. Salting and zero tolerance places.[/QUOTE

thanks for the laugh at my blonde moment... but i meant to say i normally start my morning route about 3 am... most of the time our storms arent too bad that i have to be out before 3.
 
OP
BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster

Senior Member
Location
oshkosh wi
MatthewG;1641485 said:
BossPlowMaster - Im just curious how old you are?

1olddogtwo;1641499 said:
fourteen.....

Actually i am 17, i have 2 people working for me almost full time. I do landscaping, lawn mowing ect.... Im going to college for landscape design as i minor and majoring in business. But thanks for the "14" comment. :salute:
 

cet

PlowSite Fanatic
BossPlowMaster;1641502 said:
Actually i am 17, i have 2 people working for me almost full time. I do landscaping, lawn mowing ect.... Im going to college for landscape design as i minor and majoring in business. But thanks for the "14" comment. :salute:

Not to many of us get excited to see snow, quite the opposite. The longer you do this the more it becomes a job. The more you grow your company the more stress there is and once you've been sued a couple of times you learn to run a tight ship.

Your excitement gave away your young age.
 
OP
BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster

Senior Member
Location
oshkosh wi
cet;1641503 said:
Not to many of us get excited to see snow, quite the opposite. The longer you do this the more it becomes a job. The more you grow your company the more stress there is and once you've been sued a couple of times you learn to run a tight ship.

Your excitement gave away your young age.


Still my most favorite thing to do... dont care as long as i am pushing snow.
 

Top Forums

Similar threads

Similar threads

Top