1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow-ex SP-2400 Tailgate Replacement Spreader Flow Issues??

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by tglasslawncare, Mar 15, 2017.

1. tglasslawncare

tglasslawncare Junior Member

Does anyone use the SP-2400 that replaces the tailgate. I am having difficulty getting salt into the spreader. I have to raise the bed all the way up and then push the salt into the hopper area to get good results. I bought this unit used and had it serviced. It seems to work as from as the spreader is concerned. I just can't get the salt to come out of the bed enough to make it through salt evenly. Please share experiences. Thanks Tom TGLC

2. waltzie

waltzie Junior Member

Does the flow rate change if you run the vibrator?

My flow rate does suffer a little with wet salt, but is still acceptable. Frozen chunks are another story.

Mine has spread over 100 tons this season without issue.

3. tglasslawncare

tglasslawncare Junior Member

Thank you waltzie for the reply. Did you remove the baffles over the auger or leave them on? Do you have one or 2 vibrators. Again, I really appreciate the input. I like this unit but I have figure out the flow situation. Tom

4. waltzie

waltzie Junior Member

1 vibrator, baffles in stock location.

Do you have space for fines to drop into the auger before the baffles, and then space for larger chunks to fall into the rear of the baffles to be ground up by the auger?

What about your salt? Is it ocean salt or mined salt, stored outside or inside, do you tarp the load when it's on the truck?