Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sno-way 28vd 100891. Converting old legacy bad brain box to new pro control 2. Plow was dead when I recieved from previous owner. Replaced solenoid and got 12v power to one side and nothing to other side of solenoid. Had brain tested and was bad. Bought all new harness and wireless pro controller 2. Wired it all up, double checked all grounds and power. Plow flinched and dead. Now it blows 10A fuse as soon as 12v is plugged in to plow. Motor sounds like it's turning. Drained fluid and ice chunks out of reservoir. Truck has 1 older battery and 1 new battery if that matters.

· Registered
49 Posts
The ice chunks that you drained out would be my source of worry. What is the likelihood that there was water in the fluid that cycled through the valve block, too?

So, having found water/ice, I wouldn't feel comfortable until the unit was brought to room temperature, the valve block completely drained and blown out with compressed air, then test the solenoids, reassemble, fill, bleed and try again.

I brought an HTD plow back to life this past Fall (this is my first plow). I also had to replace the controller (went with a new Pro Control2 wireless setup to replace the original Predator wireless control unit). It has been working well for me this season at our house, so I would say it is worth getting the plow sorted and ready.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.