Smoking policy

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
Hope the boss isn't having a surprise whiz quiz. I'm building a 2 story deck at a duplex. Went through the back hallway/staircase to access the upper.
Gonge:30 was mid afternoon on the 1st floor. I could have easily caught a contact if I spent any amount of time in the back hall.

m_ice

PlowSite Veteran
Hope the boss isn't having a surprise whiz quiz. I'm building a 2 story deck at a duplex. Went through the back hallway/staircase to access the upper.
Gonge:30 was mid afternoon on the 1st floor. I could have easily caught a contact if I spent any amount of time in the back hall.

Getting high for free???

jonniesmooth

PlowSite Veteran
Our newest tenant left his last apt. due to the contract high potential. He is a truck mechanic with a cold, can't take the risk of having to do a random living there

FlakePusher

Interested to see what you guys have in place for a “no smoking policy.”
I personally can’t stand the smell and when allowing it the past, have found cigarette butts on lawns, in trucks, etc… Policy here is, not in the trucks/ trailers, not on properties, nor do I want to smell it on properties or in trucks/trailers, if you want to do it on your lunch break, go for it, just don’t let me smell it.
Same goes for those stupid vape things with their disgusting fruity tooty smells.
yeah, absolutely disgusting. I have an auto repair business and when I have a smoker customer I gag the entire time I'm either in their car, or when I have their car in the shop. I loathe having their car in my shop overnight.....takes a week to get rid of that stench.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
yeah, absolutely disgusting. I have an auto repair business and when I have a smoker customer I gag the entire time I'm either in their car, or when I have their car in the shop. I loathe having their car in my shop overnight.....takes a week to get rid of that stench.
I assume you don't work on many farm trucks then

E-Town

I'm an ex-cigarette smoker so i understand the needs of some people, Previously i was flexible about it and would let them smoke in the truck while driving to the next location ( Smoking at client property is a BIG NO NO ).

But this year if i get some helper during the season it will be a NON-Smoking Truck. Can't stand tabaco smell anymore LOL .

Treeboy

After i left my last job for self employment the company installed cameras in the cab facing the driver to enforce no smoking and cell phone. Also microphones so u cant even complain about your job. What a bunch of communists. A guy used to joke that 1 day we will come back and park our trucks and our vehicles will b gone and a barbed wire fence will close and we wont b able to leave. Like a prison. They have actually gotten in legal trouble over employee turnover!!

WIPensFan

PlowSite Veteran
After i left my last job for self employment the company installed cameras in the cab facing the driver to enforce no smoking and cell phone. Also microphones so u cant even complain about your job. What a bunch of communists. A guy used to joke that 1 day we will come back and park our trucks and our vehicles will b gone and a barbed wire fence will close and we wont b able to leave. Like a prison. They have actually gotten in legal trouble over employee turnover!!
Wow, hadn’t heard of those tactics before. I wouldn’t like that for sure.

E-Town

Fleet trucks -> Camera + sensor = Possibility of an interesting discount from insurance company.

If i would have a fleet with couple of guys driving my companies TRUCK i would put that in place. CAN'T trust those guys LOL LMAO.

Those employees i got here in my city have only 2 speed only!
Slow and Extremely Slow. They seems to Love Milking hours :nod:

Top Forums