• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Smith/Harder sanders

snowblade

Lately I've seen a lot of trucks with Smith/Harder v-box sanders. They're electric powered and work ooff the trucks battery. I was talking to Dino, and he said he likes them. Anyone else use them here? Also, has anyone installed a control like the buyers one (used on the small tailgate sanders) on their sander?Lights?<p>Thanks in advance<p>Justin<p>

GeoffD

PlowSite.com Veteran
I don't own an electric v-box, all of mine are gas or hydrolic power. Downeaster makes a great electric v-box. There is a nursing home near my house, they plow and sand their own lot and use an electric v-box. They love it nice a quite, to keep everyone in bed. If an electric v-box can spread sand/salt. It should do pure salt no problem, because salt is a lot lighter than sand/salt. Anyways they are built in maine, go to www.sandspreader.com. Installing an electric v-box is easy, all you have to do is run the battery cables and controll wires.<p>The have pictures of the controlls and the spreaders.<p>Geoff<br>

plowking35

2000 Club Member
Yes I do own one and I love it. No gas engine to worry about, no $$$ central hydro to plumb in. Mine is all stainless, so no rust or paint to worry about.<br>Just flip a switch and go. Very well put together. <br>I dont use a vaiable speed controller, seems to work fine at one speed.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

plowking35

2000 Club Member
the unit goes for around 3750$ with tax. That will get you about a 1.7 yard unit. Now you can buy a 10&quot; extention for the top and that will give you about 3 yars capacity, but they want 400$ for that. So I added a 2x8 around the top of mine for 25$ and I have about 2.75 capacity.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org