Smith electric spreaders

tastebeer

?, anyone had any experience with a Smith electric spreaders 8 or 9ft for one ton truck. Saw one, looks very simple design and well made. Let me know your thoughts

BossPlow2010

PlowSite Fanatic
Couple companies around here run them, my dealer installs them, all they have is an on/off switch unless you order a controller.
I also here they are/were behind on orders.

icudoucme

I managed used a fleet with all sizes 2yds up to 25 yards)

They are simple machines. No diagnostic controllers. As stated the electric is just o Or off. Hydraulic have spinner and chain adjustment.

We had older ones since new they are 20 years old now. Motors are easy to replace, chains are easy to grease. They are nice and simple.

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
I managed used a fleet with all sizes 2yds up to 25 yards)

They are simple machines. No diagnostic controllers. As stated the electric is just o Or off. Hydraulic have spinner and chain adjustment.

We had older ones since new they are 20 years old now. Motors are easy to replace, chains are easy to grease. They are nice and simple.

So no modules to go bad? @BossPlow2010 @JMHConstruction

fireside

PlowSite.com Addict
I have two smiths perfect units only problem is if they have belts. I changed mine all over to chain drive. Both units are over 20 years old the original Harder electric smiths

rizzoa13

You can get stainless lifelong sealed bearings that don’t need to be greased off of McMaster Carr. They are for the food manufacturing industry so they are pricey at a couple hundred bucks each but you’ll never have another issue with them seizing up.

Top Forums