Small Business Insurance Premium's

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by WarriorLandscapingCan, Oct 24, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    WarriorLandscapingCan

WarriorLandscapingCan Senior Member

Thank you for the response.

2. OP
    OP
    WarriorLandscapingCan

Thank you

3. OP
    OP
    WarriorLandscapingCan

Crazy man!!
    Thanks for your input Markus.

4. CarrieSPL

CarrieSPL Junior Member

Did you have any luck? We are up for renewal in December and worried we will have the same issue!

5. HadiCoop

HadiCoop Senior Member
    from Ontario

We use economical and I know of a couple other companies in our area that use them as well. Very good prices. I had your same problem a few years ago. Try Dan at brokerlink. 1 (800) 268-3394

6. HadiCoop

HadiCoop Senior Member
    from Ontario

You should really consider dropping the work in one of the towns you work in and focusing solely on 1 town. Offer a bit cheaper prices to gain some work back and you will be much happier! I’m not sure on the size of your residential properties, but you should be able to do 23 properties by yourself in 6-8hrs in 1 smaller town.

We were doing 2 towns that are about 15minutes apart, I believe 21 clients and finally said to hell with it this year. I could do the route myself in about 8hrs but with the wife shovelling the route could get done in around 6hrs. Now, we service 1 town and I know we’re going to be much happier.

if you can, do one town, and You may not have a need for employees either. You just might end up making more money!

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Whens your renewal...?

8. HadiCoop

HadiCoop Senior Member
    from Ontario

I actually just got off the phone with dan a few moments ago to put the plow truck back on the road, all this snow coming down...I’m sure someone will call saying they can’t get outta the driveway

9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe also tell him to prepare another market other than Economical just in case. Im sure your price is good but they are dumping everybody snow on renewal. It is better to be prepared...

10. HadiCoop

HadiCoop Senior Member
    from Ontario

that’s weird, because my rates dropped over last years rate. Not by much, but they did drop. And yes it’s very cheap with 2mil liability, I’d probably be fine with 1mil doing all residential.
    I know economical doesn’t want the guys that are making big money in snow. I believe around $30k in income for snow is where they draw the line.