Snow Plowing Forum banner

Skidsteer: Do I buy a plow, box, big bucket, or other?

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Albemarle Lawn 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a Cat 247 Multi-Terrain Loader, and need a snow attachment. I can only afford to buy 1 attachment this year, what should it be?

I plow a few small lots, and one good size lot about 1 acre. Also some subdivision roads.

I have a 3/4 ton truck to do the roads. Last year, I blew the trans out of the truck and ended up "plowing" with a regular bucket on the skid and it was PAIN but got the job done. Would like to have good productivity from the skid just in case the truck goes down and can't do the roads.

#2 · (Edited)
9 foot regular blade but have the hydro hooked up so u can turn it left and right.. we use a 7.5 on a skid for drives and a 8.5 on a koti tractor.. we use a pushbox for a large factory but that is with a pick up truck pushing as well
we find the blade works well on the skidsfor pushing and stacking.

you can find a blade on here or ebay and also get attachment plate and weld it up i posted pics on here about 2 monts ago... serch under my name and youll see the set up on the skid for the drives
good luck

#3 ·
I would advise against a V Plow on your skidsteer. Too many things to go wrong. A power angle straight would probably work well especially if you'll have to do roads. I use an 8' snow bucket which is very efficient for me and there is nothing to break. I can pile snow as high as it'll reach, and I can move it around if need be. Personally I wouldn't go back to a plow.

#4 ·
Decide on a plow or pusher if your doing parking lots. All our SS do is pull out between trailer on loading docks, so we use buckets but we also have pushers sitting their. If you have to wing alot of snow buy the power angle. If the snow has desinated piles go with the pusher. As stated above the pusher is more reliable then a power angle blade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.