1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Plumbing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jetblast, Dec 5, 2008.

  1. jetblast

    jetblast Junior Member
    from KY
    Messages: 1

    We have decided to rig up a blade for our skid steer for small areas and was able to get a Meyer 6.5 with a truck side mount that was for a Ford Ranger which we mounted to our modified fork plate.. We want to use the aux hydraulics to run the angling cylinders and know that we need to reduce the flow and add a crossover relief valve. Our problem is that there seems to be lots of people who have done this but in different ways so we have some questions for anyone who would like to help. We are going to use it on a New Holland skid with standard aux hydraulics

    1.Is it best to use fixed or adjustable flow valves? If you there is actual valve that you have used we would like to have the part number or the specs. Also, where were they installed i.e. right at the cylinder, does it matter.

    2. How and where is a crossover relief valve plumbed into the circuit? I think I understand that that the goal is to dump the pressure from the leading edge cylinder to the trailing edge cylinder but I am not sure what the circuit is going to look like on this setup. Again, If you know of a valve that is good for this, we are very interested in what it is and how it was installed
  2. cretebaby

    cretebaby PlowSite Veteran
    Messages: 4,162

    you just need a flow restrictor it is just a fitting that fits inline doesnt really matter where

    plumbing the crossover releif valve is pretty striaght forward there will be 4 ports 2 for the angle rams 2 for the supply hoses

    you can get the valve pretty much at any hydraulic supply house or farm implement dealer or try Force America online