Snow Plowing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sima Show, Go or No Go and what to expect?

4K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  Mike_PS 
#1 ·
I'm not currently a member of SIMA and was looking for some imput from others who are in regards to the show.

Do I have to be a member to attend the show?

Is the show worth making the 6 hour drive? This is the closest it will be to me for a few more years.

Are any of the more structured meetings/trainings worth attending and do you have to be a member to attend those?

I'm thinking about going and bringing one of my main guys. Was thinking of doing an overnight stay and not only spending some time with vendors at the show, but also taking some of the classes/informal chats if allowed.

#2 ·
#3 ·
The show/display area is open to general public once you pay the admission.

#4 ·
Thanks for the link! So it appears the trade show is pretty cheap but I think I would interested in at least getting a day pass for some of the other workshops/chats. What is the general concensus on these? I know there are many of you that talk about going often so I'm hoping I can use this info to determine how valuable it would be and what to expect.

#5 ·
BMWSTUD25;2134284 said:
Thanks for the link! So it appears the trade show is pretty cheap but I think I would interested in at least getting a day pass for some of the other workshops/chats. What is the general concensus on these? I know there are many of you that talk about going often so I'm hoping I can use this info to determine how valuable it would be and what to expect.
I was wondering the same thing. Im only an hour and half drive so I am definitely planning on going to the trade show, but I was wondering if the workshops are worth going to. Or is it just the same type of information you can find on plowsite for free?

#6 ·
Trade show yes

I see nothing for us driveway guys.

#7 ·
We continue to work for larger and larger companies, and I'm not talking about the size of their lots but rather the size of the parent companies. There doesn't have to be much take away from a day of workshops to make back the couple hundred it may cost to attend. I'm just looking for some opinions from the guys that attend these meetings and workshops.

#9 ·
So they have driveway event/forums/exchange/info? They say nothing about anything applicable to driveways in there web site.

#10 ·
theplowmeister;2134377 said:
So they have driveway event/forums/exchange/info? They say nothing about anything applicable to driveways in there web site.
There is always an opportunity to learn whether or not you "only" service driveways. Come with an open mind, listen and you will learn. How you apply all information is up to you. It is because of a relationship developed through and at SIMA that we decided to transition our driveway services to inverted snowblowing. Those folk will be around as well.

#16 ·
There is always something to learn, I would be somewhat interested in the trade show, I was a member, the magazine was good reading but not that valuable to me.

I'm not interested in the round table chats, I don't have the patience for facilitators or vendors. I feel I learn enough on PS and have received good advice when needed. Have not seen a issue that was not resolved with the advice from PS. This is including links.

Hopefully all that attend can share there learning experience with other PS members. Be all of 6hr drive for me. Gearing up for Construction now. Starting jobs next week.

Enjoy the show.

#17 ·
Any snack and chats on repairing sealed concrete?

#18 ·
I believe that's covered under day 3 to seal the deal.

#23 ·
I did the show 4(?)years ago. Did the pre-show for vendors, free beer and prime rib. Also did the Boss party. Did trade show the next day and the last day. It was alright, I mostly gave Western reps a hard time.

Didn't do last year's in Chicago. Had no time.

I don't think Boss like the Arctic swag

#24 ·
I'd go if it wasn't a couple time zones away, it's BS these types of events are on the eastern side of the country. You'd think with the amount of snow we get oot west and the duration of the season there wouldn't be any discrimination.

#25 ·
I agree McBuffy, the last time it was west of the Mississippi was '05ish, in Minneapolis. Denver once in '01 I believe, that was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.