Shop Hardware

L

LI Brian

I am starting to set up my garage as a work shop. where can I get the best deal on hardware. I have a bolt cabinet, and I don't feel like buying boxes from a hardware store, where can I get the stuff wholsale.
Thanks
Brian

GeoffD

PlowSite.com Veteran
Rockwell, makes bulk packages of hardware. Check your yellow pages under fasteners, or industrial supply. I don't know of any national companys are retailers of bulk hardware.

Geoff

OP
L

LI Brian

Geoff,
Thanks for the advice I will look them up. I don't know why I didn't think of that.
Brian

Alan

PlowSite.com Addict
Curtis and Bowman both offer the bolt bin setups with salesmen who travel a route and check/repalce your inventory on a regular basis. Problem is I have no idea how to contact either company. I mow for the local Curtis rep, if I ever catch him at home I'll ask if they have a website or a number yoiu can call to find the local salesman.

CT18fireman

Banned
Be sure to purchase grade 5 minumum hardness for bolts that will be used for automotive and equipment. Bolts sold at Home Depot are not up to this standard. Also if you use a grade 5 bolt remember that you should use all the same grade for bolts, nut and washer in order to acheive the grade rating.

alfman

If you watch the paper for auctions you might get lucky. A couple of years ago I went to an auction were a small hardware store was closing. I got a great deal on all of their bins and contents. As far as refilling the bins I go to TSC (tractor supply co.) and buy bulk when I need it.