1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shaws Garage

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by LAB INC, Aug 11, 2017.

1. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

For all you NJ guys who use Shaw's Garage in Florham Park NJ I am said to say that they are closing after 40 years in business. Peter who has been a great help and a great guy over the years is finally retiring. They will be no longer a Fisher distributor. He is going to be renting out his building to a mechanic. Said to see him leave. Wish him the best.

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Veteran

Per information I've heard, it's been for sale for a while.

LAB INC likes this.
  3. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

I did hear that as well a while ago.

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Tough to survive nowadays

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Veteran

It is, but in Jersey, as you know. The cost to operate, and the lack of snow probably didn't help him.

6. FredG

FredG PlowSite Veteran

God bless him, 40 years at one location is a long run. He won't quit anyways he will pop up doing something. Not very many true working men throw the towel in especially if he liked to play hard. You have to keep your mind and body active. Or sickness and death or both is coming.

A friend of mine got a couple inheritance as soon as he got the money he closed shop. about a year later he froze up and walking with a cane and shakes rapidly. I see him and can't believe he is my age and just went to the dogs. That money is killing him. Sits around the house watching TV feeling sorry for himself. I could be in a wheel chair and be more active than him. He almost makes me sick. :puke: