• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

Service area

GeoffD

PlowSite.com Veteran
A lot of people have asked about number of accounts. How about service area, how far do you go from your shop? My self, i have a 15 mile circle, although i have very few accounts that far away. If there not in the the 15 mile radius, i don't take um.

Geoff

Lazer

My personal route is a 1-2 mile radius.

Total routes for all 11 trucks = 6 mile radius.

Only the county gets paid to put a plow truck down the road.

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
My personal route is a 1 mile radius. My brother goes farther, maybe a 10 mile radius. Even at that, most of his are within a 3 miles radius. There's just a few that are too profitable further away to pass up.

If we get any of the First Union contracts John Allin was talking about, we'll go as far as a 10 - 15 mile radius. Just for them though, not for any residentials or other commercials. I learned a long time ago not to spread out accounts too far.

~Chuck

JCurtis

Banned
I keep my service area limited. The majority of my accounts are in Stamford. I will do some in Greenwich and Darien but not too deep into those two communities. Just too much travel on small back roads for my personal liking.

Now if I am successful in bidding on some of those First Union accounts in my area, I will adjust my service area. BUT ONLY FOR THE FIRST UNION ACCOUNTS.