Snow Plowing Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I did the same on construction.
On a job 35 miles from home, I've been tracking fuel costs. A week ago it was about $7/day more than in December. Not breaking the bank, but it is a real cost.
Just got a text from a client who needs a roof. I don't do roofing, but I can't imagine asphalt shingles are cheap these days. She's having trouble finding a roofer, so asked if I could give her some phone numbers.
I got a call from a friend who's nephew wants a basement build out, new kitchen cabinets and a bathroom remodel. I haven't seen the job, but a remodeling contractor told them $250K+ without looking at the job. They didn't even ask to see the job when they told them it was over their budget.
We just did a basement build out for a little over $90K with cutting out concrete and plumbing under the slab and an egress window.
They already have an egress window and plumbing under the floor roughed in.
Its getting to the point where I think I'm leaving money on the table.
I think in ongoing service, fuel caps and surcharges are necessary.
Yeah some guys do blow the roof off pricing. I knew I was leaving $ on the table so I raised prices multiple times the last few years. I think I had them about right before the inflation and crap hit. Now I have to constantly go back and check things.

For now I’m happy meeting some deadlines. Slowly catching up from subs not showing. Roofers are short everywhere.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
solution example, my garbage contractor surcharges 2 gals of fuel on a bimonthly bill, so it varies with price of fuel, really not unreasonable for weekly collection service, most people should understand something like that over a basic bill increase mid contract

41 - 42 of 42 Posts