Scraper Blade

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by MSB1766, Feb 2, 2011.

1. MSB1766

MSB1766 Member

Anyone know how tall a new scraper blade is?
    I have had my snowbear for about 15 years and still have the original
    scraper blade.

2. 1PapaDock4

1PapaDock4 Member

3. Snowbear-Man

Snowbear-Man Inactive

Hello

The HD replacement scrappers are 3" wide as on the original equipment but are almost twice the thickness and are availbale on snowplowsonline.com

Thanks

Snowbear-man

4. acornish

acornish Senior Member

get a steel shop to make u one-- 3/8X6" high carbon steel, this will add an extra 28 lbs and last forever on these plows

5. SNOWBEARLTD

SNOWBEARLTD Member

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  6. acornish

acornish Senior Member

stock height 3"--- hmm then i guess u owe me an inch of blade --- the new plow purchased in Nov. had a scraper of only 2" on it, this is why i just had one made

7. 1PapaDock4

1PapaDock4 Member

3 inches? Since when?

Definitely agree

8. SNOWBEARLTD

SNOWBEARLTD Member

Snowbear Limited has never manufactured a 2" scraper, the stock scraper has always been 3".

9. acornish

acornish Senior Member

well then i guess mine was a used one that someone put in the box and resealed it--- just like the fact that there was no relay or switch to control it in the box, and being told thats imposible, I cant understand how stuff supposededly can be stollen or swapped in factory sealled boxes, and the poxes were not busted up so the stuff didnt fall out.. and i guess the fact that they (lowes) had 5 others besides mine the same way is a coincidence----and the fact that all 5 were 84" units that are only 82" units but i am not really woried about that part. Just seems funny to me that ive called and sent emails about this for the last 4 months and this is how i get answers

10. schoolboy

schoolboy Junior Member

Wow still don't know how to tell the truth do they.Life is short too much to do to keep dealing with them traded the Silverado with the snowbear today got a new Sierra 2500hd with a 8.5 Fisher. Best Part about the snowbear was it got me an extra rebate for having a plow on the truck , kind of sweet for all the hassles it has caused me. Good luck to all who have them not a bad rig just a lousey company. wouldn't buy a snow sholve from them again..