Score one for the little guy!

leigh

PlowSite Veteran
Lost my 2 post offices last year due to an internal $$trigger that kicked jobs to a nsp.Went by the little lot 2 days after a 7.8" storm and it was unplowed.Called my contact,got an emergency work order,plowed and salted heavy,made 3 times my old rate.They're now in the process of getting me the contract again.So you never know! They want me back at the large lot for next year,not happy with current contractor.So we'll see what happens.
drive.jpg
drive.jpg

iceyman

PlowSite Fanatic
So many places plowed poorly around here after a 7" powder storm. I guess if i was getting peanuts then i wouldnt care either

OP
leigh

leigh

PlowSite Veteran
Last year the post master upped their operating budget for plowing to 40k.That put them automatically triggered into a nsp situation.They lost local control over contractor selection.Last year each po was handled by two different nsps! They're going to lower budget for next year and see if they can regain local control.Apparently they didn't have a contractor in place at all this year for this lot,found out it hasn't been plowed or salted all year(only 2 snowfalls,1salt event on weekends).Funny thing is,the current contractor does a nice job on big lot,uses a loader/pusher and there's never any buildup of snow piles.I used to relocate snow once or twice a year,I plowed it with trucks.I did it for 16 years.I guess they liked the fact that I would come and deal with any request within 10 minutes or so.

Top Forums