Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just starting snow removal commercially. Have a dozen small clients with 8-15 parking stalls so will sand/salt with walk behind spreader. But I have 1 church with a larger lot and would like to spread with a larger hopper. I am pulling skid steer on flat deck so would need access to my hitch for any type of sander. any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Most any electric hopper spreader will allow you to remove the chute in seconds. You could pull it off, transport it on the trailer, then reinstall it at the site after you dropped the trailer

Edit: you would need to confirm that you had enough turning radius with the trailer attached and spreader in bed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I though that was the case but my dealer told me the Western Tornado requires 2 people to move chute. I also looked at the Fisher and seems to be same design. I'll call elsewhere to check on Snow-ex and Salt Dog

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Thanks, I though that was the case but my dealer told me the Western Tornado requires 2 people to move chute. I also looked at the Fisher and seems to be same design. I'll call elsewhere to check on Snow-ex and Salt Dog
Depends on your definition of "require" - it is easier with 2 people because it's bulky but it certainly isn't required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts