1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Sander Accessory Question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bolensdriver, Oct 16, 2004.

  1. bolensdriver

    bolensdriver Senior Member
    Messages: 603

    Sorry about the spelling, anyways, what is this item? I've seen it on MOST NHDOT trucks, it takes the sand and spreads it in the center of the road (on the yellow line)... but what is it called and where can it be purchased?

    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. 84deisel

    84deisel Senior Member
    Messages: 697

    looks like it is just a metal flap extended down the side of the chute that deflects the salt onto the center of the road instead of allowing it to reach the other curb.
  3. Flipper

    Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT
    Messages: 1,180

    Just an offset chute. I think it can be gotten on certain Fisher / Western units.

    Try adjusting all your flaps. I throw about 65% to the left and rear and 30% to the right normally. If I am doing a lot I can adjust one flap and get almost even spreading.