salting

Aldergood

Hi guys..wow this is a great site for new guys like me..I am just starting out this year on my own,...(I have plowed 3 yrs ) My question is priceing..I am wondering how You all work out your priceing around here most contractors have season contracts at a set price . is this how most do it... and my main question is this. I have a small plaza that I am plowing now asking for a quote on salting and I have no idea about how to estimate it. I am planing to use bag salt and a myer mini tailgate spreader I have the prices for the salt but what is the average amount you would use in say a 300X 600 ft lot...I realize you use more for colder conditions and such but just how would I work it out for an average Any help would be appreciated

OP
A

Aldergood

Sorry

Sorry guys, I just made a newby mistake..I got so excited at having found this forum that I posted my question without reading enough to see that it has already been covered...If anyone cares to add anything anyway the more the better....
Thanks

PINEISLAND1

PlowSite.com Veteran
Welcome !

Try a search using words like "aplication rates", or similar, and it should bring up some pretty good discussions from the past couple of years. You will notice quite a range of ideas !!

Its all great and valuable info though !!!

Rooster

Aldergood!

Welcome to Plowsite, glad to have you here.

Got questions ask away, some of the best in the business of plowing are here!!!

Rick

:waving: :waving: :waving:

plowking35

2000 Club Member
As a rule of thumb, my application rates run between 65-80% of what my lot plowing price is. However the sure way is to charge by the bag applied.
Dino