Salting in Philly area?

RCIPlow

Was just curious if any of you in the Philly area were going to be salting tonight due to temperture drop. I am considering goung ou later on, maybe in early am.Want to try out spreader on quad.

bam

4am

we'll be checking our commercial properties in wilmington, and i'm sure our guys up in mainline and nw will be too. have alot slush right now, that i'm sure will freeze up in a few hours.

HandyHaver

Look's like I'll get out about 3 or so. Just a half dozen res., so no real money out of this one. good luck if you head out, it's slippery out there.

Mark

TurfPlus

Hey Tim,
Sorry to hear you got rained out. We got about 2 inches of heavy wet snow in Kulpsville and about an inch in Ft. Washington. We plowed and salted. Crews in Holland and Philly were rained out.

JCurtis

Banned
SW Coastal Connecticut here...

As soon as the rain stopped around midnight, I went and salted the hospital.

Just in case, the temp dropped. Didn't want a skating rink here this a.m. ;)

G.Williams

Started around 8:00 pm with 3 trucks and salted until 1:30 am. I went back out at 4:30 solo to do quality control and touch ups on the high liability accounts. Had a shipment of bulk salt come in the afternoon, talk about perfect timing! Hope everyone was safe. Most applications were straight rock salt with the sidewalks getting calcium chloride flake. It wasn't snowbut we'll take what we can get.

Last edited:
OP
R

RCIPlow

Salted Mon. Night, and Tues. Morning. Enough to use up credit and knock off the cobwebs...lol.

My spreader that I mounted on the quad is a Buyers Truck spreader, 55 gallons, made a mount from a reese hitch. Works pretty well.