saltdogg 2000 series controller issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PYS1, Jan 13, 2020 at 6:29 PM.

1. PYS1

PYS1 Junior Member

picked up a used, i believe its a 2cu/ft hopper, this fall. worked great for the first couple storms. loaded it up this morning. got to the first site and the controller wouldn't turn on. it does nothing. check all the cables to battery and they were goot. test light turned on. checked fuzes on other connector and they were good. took the cover off the controller and the 4 fuzes inside weren't blown out. switched the switches between vibrator and on/off and it turned on for 2 seconds, i believe it threw a A code but not 100% on that and it turned back off. rechecked everything and all still looked good. any ideas on issue? we are currently going to go buy another controller just to be safe. anybody able to rebuild these? also how do you unload these without a working controller?

2. m_ice

m_ice PlowSite.com Addict

Unfortunately there's a couple of ways to unload it and they all include manual labor

cwren2472 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    PYS1

PYS1 Junior Member

that sucks.. guess ill have to make one of my guys do it haha!!!

m_ice likes this.
  4. m_ice

m_ice PlowSite.com Addict

5 gallon buckets are the quickest way I have found

5. CELandscapes

CELandscapes Senior Member

Spend the extra money and buy a Gary ae salt dogg controller. It is worth it. We have converted all of ours and have never had another issue