Snow Plowing Forum banner

Salt Scam

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  michigan salt 
#1 ·
Not sure if anyone else saw a post from a DustinC907 a few weeks ago, letting us know he ha "lots" of salt for delivery in Eastern, Pa and NJ. If anyone got screwed by this guy can you PM me? I will be trying to contact the police department in the area he claimed to live in and see if we can bring him in. Lucky for me I didn't pay him with cash and will be getting my money back, but there maybe someone out there that won't be as lucky. Mods if this isn't were it belongs feel free to move it!

#2 ·
I have 2 guys up here that went in together for a couple of hundred ton, and they both got burned from some guy down in Kentucky.

#10 ·
Salt Scammers

:realmad:Guys,

The few guys that have taken advantage of this salt situation by scamming people are giving us (the good guys) a bad wrap, but I do understand and its extremely frustrating. Not only did you put up some money and possibly not get it back, but you didn't get you salt, which you needed. It makes it hard to do business with salt guys that are smaller companies like us. Your issues are the reason why I started Michigan Salt. We are doing our best to get salt quickly to our customers.

Sometimes certains suppliers have different terms, some require pre-pay and won't ship trucks until the money hits there account, some allow checks upon delivery. I've found whatever the case, be sure you know who you are dealing with, check your references and go meet the guy if you can. I had to change my program recently to pre-pay and I want my customers to come to my office (if possible) and meet me in person to deliver checks. If the guy doesn't have a location of business, go another route. Just be sure you know who you are dealing with, and make sure their company is legit. If the price seems to good to be true, that may be a red flag. Check the market pricing and see who they've delivered to before. Of course you can always call us if you have questions. We need to stop these guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.