Salt pricing '20-'21

Ajlawn1

PlowSite Fanatic
So finally got a price from my "go to" broker. Had to ask. He's the one I've bought from for over 20 years and has always found salt for me, even out of West Virginia back in '08 when there was none left in Michigan.

Still wants a 40% "booking" fee, delivery date of February 26. And he's $.50 higher than the broker that keeps it in a building.
Did you call Heidi? Or did the red army buy it all already...

Luther

PlowSite Veteran
So finally got a price from my "go to" broker. Had to ask. He's the one I've bought from for over 20 years and has always found salt for me, even out of West Virginia back in '08 when there was none left in Michigan.

Still wants a 40% "booking" fee, delivery date of February 26. And he's $.50 higher than the broker that keeps it in a building.
He made it an easy decision for you. You have to dump him. You can do better than that

MIDTOWNPC

PlowSite Fanatic
Even with the ton to metric tone conversion and the exchange 1.38 your salt prices in the USA sound a lot cheaper.

I’ll ask for prices but my shed it maxed

OP
Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
So the vendor that wants a "booking fee" also wants all our salt bizness.

Axed if he waived the booking fee if we would buy everything from him. Then explains they buy from 3 different suppliers so in theory they will never run out and we can just buy from one.

Ummm...think about that statement a minute.

For that very same reason I'm NOT going to buy all my salt from you.

They're also providing financial advice...use your PPP loan for the booking fee or prepay it all. Or use the prepays from your customers for the booking fee so the entire bill doesn't come at once DURING the season we are using it and getting paid for it.

Thanks, if I want financial advice (all of it bad) I'll be checking with my accountant, banker or a financial adviser.

And they're still the highest price out there.

Ajlawn1

PlowSite Fanatic
So the vendor that wants a "booking fee" also wants all our salt bizness.

Axed if he waived the booking fee if we would buy everything from him. Then explains they buy from 3 different suppliers so in theory they will never run out and we can just buy from one.

Ummm...think about that statement a minute.

For that very same reason I'm NOT going to buy all my salt from you.

They're also providing financial advice...use your PPP loan for the booking fee or prepay it all. Or use the prepays from your customers for the booking fee so the entire bill doesn't come at once DURING the season we are using it and getting paid for it.

Thanks, if I want financial advice (all of it bad) I'll be checking with my accountant, banker or a financial adviser.

And they're still the highest price out there.

Soooooo what's the price...