Salt Prices

GeoffD

PlowSite.com Veteran
For this season the current price is set a $ 42.10 a ton. However the prices could rise during the season.

So my price is 42.10 a ton picked up in bangor or portland whatever location is want to go to.

Or pay some extra money for deliverly.

Geoff

OBRYANMAINT

PlowSite.com Veteran
42.00 here....for some reason i was thinking last year i got it for 38.00... so it is already going up for me

OP
G

GeoffD

PlowSite.com Veteran
Alan 72 a ton? I thought I was at the end of the supply line.

I Morton salt in portland is selling at 39 a ton or so I have heard. However last year they ran out, and took forever to get more in, and were verry rude to customers. I guess someone ordered 5 tri axel trailer dumps, and the office told the guy, that they would put him on the list and call him when they had salt, and hung up.

Geoff

Taconic

PlowSite.com Veteran
Salt prices will jump up atleast 5.00 to 10.00 dollars a ton this year in our area. If diesel prices go through the roof again that will also just ad to the increase and frustration of high salt prices.
John Parker

CT18fireman

Banned
Wow Dino! I got a locked price almost $15 cheaper then that. I wish I could lock in my fuel prices. I should get my first load of sand delivered to my yard next week. Time to really start getting ready for the winter.

CT18fireman

Banned
I usually do buy a pallet of bagged also. This is kept inside at some businesses to allow for spot spreading. I find that the easier I make it on businesses the less calls I get to handle a small ice patch caused by melting or runoff. A pallet is usually enough for the year.

Top Forums