Salt Dogg liquid spray system

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jay brown, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

anyone own one or know of someone who owns one? i had nothing but trouble with two different systems that i have....salt dogg claimed to have sold 50 of these systems total so far and have had no problems, but i seem to think that these 50 are sitting on distributors shelves somewhere, and not in the "real world".... on a good note Salt Dogg's designer/technician has been VERY helpful and walked me through about 20 different tests so far. hopefully with the help of UPS we'll have the kinks worked out in the next 3-4 weeks.

2. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

Anybody have any feedback on this setup yet?

3. hiranger

hiranger Member

I installed one on my spreader. I used it on 12/3 with no problems. What kind of problems are you having?

4. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

Where did you get it at and about how much do they $$ run?

5. hiranger

hiranger Member

Bought mine at rcpw.com for around $1100.00. Shipping is an additional cost but mine shipped from Ohio to Peoria, IL for about $140.00.

6. nathanlacourse

nathanlacourse Member

hows the system work and how do you think its working out,was it worth doing

7. OP
    OP
    Jay brown

i bought mine last year and it was way over priced the first year ($3500) it's about half the price this year....marcus, from Salt Dogg (the guy who built the system) and i could never get the controller to work (tried 2 of them and he personally tested both)...if i were to do it again i would NOT get the controller and just use a $2 toggle switch.....PM me if you need more info jason

8. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

Thanks for the info! What all is the controller supposed to do? Does it just adjust pressure?

9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

10. OP
    OP
    Jay brown

pressure/flow and turns it on/off