Snow Plowing Forum banner

rookie just bought his first plow

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  scott3430 
#1 ·
Hi all, i would just like to introduce my self here.
My name is Eric, and im joining the world of snow plowing. i bought a 05 duramax reg cab this past january and it just so happened to come with all of the wiring and the push plates for a fisher plow. i figured id bide my time till i found a good deal and that happened to come to me this past week. i managed to snag a 8ft fisher minute mount 1 set up for 400$. it needs some love but its more than a steal and a half. with a new pump, a new cutting edge, 3 plug wiring harness, and hydraulics all in 100% working order i couldnt pass it up. it does need some small rust repair but nothing bad enough that would stop someone from running it another season.

i hope to get a good education on this site and i hope it gets me ready for this winter.

Best regards

Eric-

#4 ·
Welcome. You will find an abundace of information as well as there are tons and tons of parts for those plows everywhere. Good score for 400.00
T.J.

#7 ·
digging up this oldie, when I bought this blade, it needed some love. I put in some patch plates and gave it a coat of paint. flushed the hydraulic system and cleaned up the wiring. I had a friend do up the lift plate just to make it unique.

this year bring s a new toy to the collections, I managed to pick up a 1976 bobcat m600 with roughly 3000 hours on it. it has a 4cyc gas engine on it and needs some work. so far I have put a ignition coil, plugs, wires, and a battery into it and it rugs great. I know its a small machine but for around the house and small family jobs itll do. and have can I complain for 500$

#9 ·
only a speck of rust.... some touch up paint will take care of that haha.

so about this machine. I picked it up from a family friend. it has sat in his back yard for about 10-12 years. it worked and ran before it sat.

when I brought it home the fuel system was pretty messed up and I ditched the mechanical pump for an electric and did the above replacements.

the dented bar on top was from a hurricane about 5 years back when a tree fell on it.

I have been into the machine for about 3 weeks now and so far, minus the few things already replaced, I still need to repack the tilt cylinders, replace the rubber hoses, put a seat on it. it may not be pretty but surprisingly it all works... even the chain case is rust free. the only thin im battling is the gas tank. after having gas sit in it for 10 years its filled with sludge and all sorts of fun stuff..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.