Rogue Maverick

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gr8WhiteNorth, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

We got our first machine in the crate today! This thing exceeded expectations. WOW

2. OP
    OP
    Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

First impression video. We had a small snow event a few days ago and were excited to try it out. I have tried quads with plows, trackless, holder, MT85. They all have their place, but the maneuverability of this unit will outperform all of them. The others are only good if you have wide open, straight line sidewalks. The Rogue units are unreal.

3. grasskeepers

grasskeepers Member

How much. Priced a ssv last year and it was comparable to lightly used rc30 Skid steer

4. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Pretty sweet. But a shovel would be faster. Need to see a vid of that actually plowing snow on ice. I have used quads with plows for years. I just do not see that thing pushing any amount of snow without getting stuck all the time. Thanks for sharing.

5. FredG

FredG PlowSite Fanatic

Most don't wait till there is a ton of snow. Similar to the snowrator and the guys are happy with them.

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

From what he said it was her first time on it, looks like shes being careful. Probably goes faster with some more experience....

dlcs likes this.
  7. FredG

FredG PlowSite Fanatic

Put your heaviest guy on it, it will be okay. :laugh:

Drock78 likes this.
  8. Ajlawn1

Ajlawn1 PlowSite Fanatic

You folks in western Meatchickin are silly... You bring your biggest shovel and any amount of cash you wanna bet...

9. FredG

FredG PlowSite Fanatic

I'll take some of that bet against the shovel not winning. I'll even spot him two shovel guys with him.

Mr.Markus likes this.
  10. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

I am more impressed with the made in meatchicken boss. . Lets race for pinks with about an inch or less. On 1/16 mile sidewalk. Include hooking up your trailer, loading and unloading equipment. Name time and place? You bring rouge maverick and i will have my shovel.

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

How about you shovel 4" of wet snow for 5 hours, then we race for pinks?

What you fail to comprehend is that machines don't get tired, don't throw their backs out, don't get sick...they just work at the same pace consistently.

But since you're not in this industry, once again you have no idea what you're talking about. This is what...the third or fourth time you've shown your ignorance regarding snow and ice management?

dlcs, EWSplow, SHAWZER and 3 others like this.
  12. FredG

FredG PlowSite Fanatic

Most can't survive on 1/16 of a mile of sidewalk. Got to have a full day. How about a couple of nice size City blocks for pink slips. How many of them cheap things on wheels you going to bring. I don't think they will hold up. I'm concerned about volume, this is how you earn money.

13. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

keep the thread on point and refrain from personal attacks...

FredG likes this.
  14. Ajlawn1

Ajlawn1 PlowSite Fanatic

Oh no... You said the machines would get stuck, so let's do 4-6" at least and as I said a lengthy piece of sidewalk maybe 1/2 a mile or so...

I'll be finished including salt and at home vacuuming the Doritos of my stomach while you're finishing your first couple hundred feet...

By the way, an inch or less you might be better off with a BR instead of a shovel...

dlcs, DeVries and Mark Oomkes like this.
  15. FredG

FredG PlowSite Fanatic

I think that rogue maverick would beat my trackless in City blocks with side streets and wheel chair ramps. He would be long gone by the time I got lined up. Probably not on a 2 mile straight stretch.where there is no Wheel chair ramps and corners. Other than that he will smoke you with a trackless or similar.

16. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to see im not the only one who eats doritos when i get home from plowing...

Drock78 and rick W like this.
  17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

So vid #2...that was painful. 2 passes with an SSV it's cleared and salted. 8 MPH so 30 seconds?

Backdrag the entrance...minute tops? With a broom so it's even cleaner.

18. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite Veteran

In west Michigan they eat burritos...

19. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite Veteran

I thought you didn’t plow snow professionally nor commercially? What makes you qualified to say a stand on machine is better than a shovel on a sidewalk.

20. FredG

FredG PlowSite Fanatic

I'm pretty sure that was for me even tho you were scared to quote. I was working in snow and ice when you were a twinkle in your Daddy's eye. This is what makes me qualified. Don't worry do good and someday you won't have to plow snow. :nod: