Residential Estimate for Snow Blowing / Shoveling - Help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Steven Williams, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Steven Williams

Steven Williams Junior Member

Hello All,

Recent Full time Landscape business owner. This would be our first season where we would be able to offer Snow Blowing / Shoveling to our residential customers.

I would say our average SQFT on a driveway, 2 wide Drive way is about 600 SQFT.

Any formulas or ideas you guys offer for that?

We wanted to break down a price sheet for something like this.

1-6 Inches
    6-12
    12+

etc

Thanks all!

2. Hydromaster

Hydromaster PlowSite Veteran
    from 406

How much snow can you clear in an hour and how much do you need to make per hour to be profitable ?
    And there’s the price you need to charge .

In your breakdown ,3 to 6 and 6 to 12 categories if your client gets 6 inches of snow which Category do you change for the 3 to 6 or the 6 to 12.?
    We do all of our work on a set seasonal price,
    With a storm clause.
    This does Away with the eventual argument with a customer over how much snow actually fell

I have a question ,if you’re in the landscape business don’t you have any pick up trucks? put a plow on them they will be more profitable that way Instead of being used to pull a trailer to haul the snowblower around with.

Avalanche 2500 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Steven Williams

Steven Williams Junior Member

Yea, we have trucks. Would probably make the most sense to get a plow. But the snow here in NY, in my area is so iffy. I didn't want to waste 5k on a plow and nothing happened. Wanted to slowly come into this side of the business. But I see where you're coming from.

4. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Senior Member

Welcome, Steve like ^ Hydro said u have trucks but most all u have customers. Put a plow on a truck used/new, and use your sweet charm! Although snow helps. Search p/s sites in your area for $$. Good Luck :plowblue: :drinkup:

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite Veteran

have a compact tractor??, put a blower on it

6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Small driveways it doesn't make sense unless it's a subdivision or neighborhood where you have the majority of property's. You'd spent more time loading/unloading than blowing. From what was described single stage for lessor accumulations and 2 stage for heavier accumulations would be my choice if I didn't want to invest in a plow to start with.