Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
3,062 Posts
NICE!!

· Registered
6,499 Posts
To all those who think that the T5 is only fit for a boat anchor......

View attachment 193402

It was a perfect fit, though I cross-drilled the bottom boss to rotate the motor in line with the boom. All it needed was a new leather cup and fresh oil. Ready for those BIG oak rounds, and no more hand pumping.
Video needed asap

· Registered
2,184 Posts
Now if you are really adventurous. Find a double acting cylinder and utilize the L/R modes to extend the boom in and out. I was going to do this with an old Star Machine crane with a hand pump with an insta act pump I have. Edit. Sorry. That one is one way. But it is an idea.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now if you are really adventurous. Find a double acting cylinder and utilize the L/R modes to extend the boom in and out. I was going to do this with an old Star Machine crane with a hand pump with an insta act pump I have. Edit. Sorry. That one is one way. But it is an idea.
I had originally considered using the L/R outputs from the E47 pump on the front of the truck and plumbing to a simple cylinder on the crane. This worked out to be a better option, particularly since I had the T5 that needed a home.

Can anyone tell me the amp requirement of the T5?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I finally got around to watching the video. Nice setup. Have you tested to see how much weight it will lift?
I haven't been able to test it, and I have been wondering. Need to find something heavy. Its intended purpose is lifting firewood rounds in the field. Green oak rounds in the size I can otherwise handle (cut, flip and roll) are under 400 lbs. I did use this rig with the hand pump to unload my 700 lb. Kalamazoo bandsaw.

· Registered
15,568 Posts
I haven't been able to test it, and I have been wondering. Need to find something heavy. Its intended purpose is lifting firewood rounds in the field. Green oak rounds in the size I can otherwise handle (cut, flip and roll) are under 400 lbs. I did use this rig with the hand pump to unload my 700 lb. Kalamazoo bandsaw.
I had something that I was curious what it would lift. I think I found some cheap scales on Amazon. Basically, big fish scales.
I'm guessing it should lift around 600#.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.