Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 dodge ram 1500 SLT 4x4

How hard is it to remove a fisher plow harness. I know the joystick wire to the dash I have to snake back through the firewall. But the rest under the hood would it be hard to do and what might be involved so my lights will work again.

I can follow the harness to where its connected. Is the harness to the lights just a plug removal then plug back into to my lights?

Reason is when this plow season is over gonna look for a newer Dodge ram maybe a 2010-2012 or is there a good year close to 2010-2012 for me to have a new plow harness and push plates. My plow is still in great shape so I will keep that and only need a harness/push plates and how to use the same joy stick.

thanks for any help

· Registered
16,975 Posts
It is actually very easy. Just follow the red fused wire from the in the cab side harness, cut it off at the tap, or remove the tap. Get it out thru the fire wall. Then slowly follow and remove the harness. Put the factory headlamp plugs back onto the headlamps.

· Registered
1,030 Posts
It's pretty easy. Just start with a harness at a time and start removing. Only thing that might be tied into the truck's electrical is a tap for the controller.

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So to the lights are plugs and no splicing? and the plug inside to the joy stick not worried as i can fish it back through the fire wall.
I had Portsmouth Ford in NH do the install and never had a problem, been 8 years since install. thanks for the info. truck only has 86k miles for a 2004.

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so when the snow season is over here in Boston off to looking for another used Ram bought this one with 35k miles 9 years ago and put 50k miles on it in the 9 years. Just starting to get usual rust under the truck and have had good luck plowing 2004 SLT Quad Cab.
Funny thing is no one here in MA would put the 7.5 fisher on a quad cab. Had to go to NH to have it done Bought brand new Fisher 9 years ago and never a problem. Do about 15 customers per storm. So in march will remove the harness but leave the push plates unless I can get the bolts off easily.

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would anyone have suggestion on a year Ram 1500 Quad cab close to 2009 to 2015 that I can put my Fisher standard 7.6 plow on?
Meaning push plates and harness without any major mods or problems?

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
Would anyone have suggestion on a year Ram 1500 Quad cab close to 2009 to 2015 that I can put my Fisher standard 7.6 plow on?
Meaning push plates and harness without any major mods or problems?
None. The body changed in 06 and 09. 09 and later are all different than your 04. The 04 pieces only fit 02 - 05.

And there are 3 spliced connections you'll need to cut: parking lights, left turn, and right turn

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the harness will not work on a newer truck just wanted to remove harness and push plates.
On the 04 rams the headlights housing suck to remove If i have to remove the harness plug and plug back in the regular light plugs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.