regular duty 1998 Cheyene 1500

RodPhillips

I recently purchased a 1998 Cheyene 1500 regular duty pickup. It replaces a car that died and a 68 Scout that finally gave up the ghost. I plow my own driveway and may 1 other to help a neighbor. I decided to combine both vehicles into 1. I am thinking of putting a Meyer plow (with a poly blade) on the 1500. What should I consider modifying on the 1500 to handle the plow? I was thinking of the "quick mount" plow so that I would not be carrying around the plow and only have it on the truck when I am actually plowing (a very limited amount of time).

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
Rod, I assume you are getting a Poly plow, to cut down on weight. Actually, the Meyer poly plow, is heavier than a steel one. This is because the poly is weaker structurally, so they have to make the steel frame stronger. If you are looking to keep weight down, I suggest a Sno Way lexan plow.

~Chuck

plowking35

2000 Club Member
First thing to add is load boosters to help handle the weight. Next is a tranny cooler if its an auto, and change all the fluids.I had a friend that plowed with a 95 for 5 yrs and never had a problem with his 1/2 tonner.
If you go with a stel blade or ploy no larger than a 7.5'
Dino

OP
R

RodPhillips

Thanks for the replys.

I contacted the Chevy dealer where the truck was originally sold, provided them with the VIN and they gave me a printout of all the options the truck was built with.

It already has the transmission cooler (found it) and has a beefed up front and rear end. Excellent!

Thanks