Recommendations on Timbrens vs Sumo for fronts susp & plow

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by apmf5214, Mar 31, 2019.

1. apmf5214

apmf5214 Junior Member

Hello all,
    Looking for any and all recommendations on installing Timbrens OR Sumosprings to assist with front suspension of 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4dr when adding weight of Boss poly snow plow, (400lbs plow & mount). I do plan to take plow off when not plowing & don't want to put suspension assist on that makes a no load ride rougher than stock jounce bumper. I've searched older threads, but hoping there may be some newer info/advice available. Thank You in advance and I appreciate all info shared.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Timbrens WILL make the ride stiffer. So will Sumosprings. I use Gabriel/Monroe Air shocks Put air in when you have the plow on let air out when you dont.

3. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite Fanatic

I'll second air bags. I don't have them up front, but the timbrens make ride pretty uncomfortable with my plow on. I don't notice them when there off unless I hit a pot hole or a speed bump. When they hit you know it.

4. OP
    OP
    apmf5214

apmf5214 Junior Member

Thanks for the info plowmeister on the air shocks as I never thought of that option. I did look for airbags as well, but surprised nobody seems to offer them for the front suspension, only the rear.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Timbrens are a scam.

Drock78 likes this.
  6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Gabriel Highjacker #49178 fits the front of my 2017 JK 2 door. you will have to put a sleeve into the lower mount.

7. Wildwaterman

Wildwaterman Junior Member

I have timbrens on all 4 of my trucks, and granted altho they don't lift the truck, they at least keep them from bottoming out with a heavier load. Having said that, I'm definitely gonna look into the air shocks idea...

8. OP
    OP
    apmf5214

apmf5214 Junior Member

ALL,
    Wanted to give an update as to what I chose and did. I installed a 1" front coil leveling kit which helped in taking the rake look out of stance. I also installed a snowex 6800 plow. The plow weighs 303lbs and doesn't drop bad at all when raised. Going to try and load pics so hope this works.

IMG_4897.JPG

IMG_4886.JPG