Snow Plowing Forum banner

Recomend a blower

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  brunosplace 
#1 ·
Im in search of a small snow blower that isnt too heavy to lift in and out of the bed of a pickup. The one I have is way to big and heay. Ill mainly being using for small to medium sidewalk coverage up to about 150' or so. Generaly no more then 4 inches of snow usually less.

#2 ·
I have a 6 year old Toro single stage. It is only 4hp and works great. This year I have one place that is 800' of sidewalk so I bought a 826LE Toro. It works well but I need ramps to put it in and out of my truck. I still use the little one most of the time.

#3 ·
We bought a TORO 3650 for about 600 bucks early this season. It runs on the mixed gas, only weights around 50 pounds, and is fairly easy to get in and out of the back of our pickup with one man. Haven't had much of a chance to use and abuse it this year. Only used it on 3-4 occasions. Worked great in the 2' storm a few weeks ago. Of course I made sure to use it in increments not try and use it in all 2'. Was surprised how well it cleaned to the bare walkway. Guess the rubber edge helped with that.

#4 ·
toro 3650 runs on 2cycle mix.about $500-$600.does great work and weighs about same maybe alittle more than 21in push mower.Great if you have a spreader mounted on tailgate because you can load and offload via side of bed easily with two guys and one man can do it if alone if in good shape.We have three, no complaints.

#7 ·
I just bought a used John Deere TRS21. It worked fantastic on the last storm of about 14". I got it for $140. It is a 5hp two cycle single stage, 21"width. I can load it into the back of my Jeep by myself also, just have to fold the handle first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.