Rebuilt e47 pump problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by gamesniper, Jan 8, 2020.

1. gamesniper

gamesniper Junior Member

Hi guys just got to use plow truck tonight that e47 unit was rebuilt by meyers dealer.Blade drifts little to the left every time u raise plow the put new piston and barrel new valves ab and c . & new motor not to happy I took 3 units to them they rebuilt 2 of them and charged me 2 grand any ideas what problem may be so i can call them Tomorrow.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

giphy.gif

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Fanatic

Just dam.

dieselss likes this.
  4. Randall Ave

Did they replace the B valve?

5. timboy

timboy Senior Member
    from Ny

What controller do you have a touch pad or slik stick?

6. OP
    OP
    gamesniper

gamesniper Junior Member

yes all valves were replaced but they didnt replace solenids.

7. OP
    OP
    gamesniper

gamesniper Junior Member

i have just the old style meyer toggle switch control

8. OP
    OP
    gamesniper

gamesniper Junior Member

Hi guys just talked to repair guy he said to bring pump asm over to there shop monday he thinks crossover valve needs adjusted ....does that make sense?

9. Randall Ave

For what you paid, they should have been new. Possible, but I don't think so

10. OP
    OP
    gamesniper

gamesniper Junior Member

Hi Randall i take it to your reply that you don't think it is crossover relieve valve? What do u think it might be?

11. timboy

timboy Senior Member
    from Ny

Do you notice it moving left only very briefly after you let the raise switch go or is it doing it the whole time you are raising?

12. OP
    OP
    gamesniper

gamesniper Junior Member

Hi timboy the blade will nudge alittle to the left when raising blade off of ground. Also when blade is angled to right it will slightly go back to straight and if plow is angled to left half way it will push back to almost full left angle ...

13. timboy

timboy Senior Member
    from Ny

The way these units work is just powering the motor alone angles left,the other functions require coil and valve action to operate,it is not unusual for a meyer power unit to have a slight jerk to the left after running a different function due to the valves closing before the motor has stopped spinning the pump.
    It is most noticable on e57 and e60 with slick stik or toggle switch controllers units due to the larger motors and quicker performance.
    From the additional information you provided in your last reply I'm not sure that is the cause as it seems your blade is moving quit a bit but at least its food for thought.
    Good luck with the dealer,I hope they get it sorted out for you.

14. OP
    OP
    gamesniper

gamesniper Junior Member

Hi guys I took e47 pump asm off truck today to take back to rebuilder I tried it today before taking off if I dead head lift ram blade goes to left I'm gonna guess 2 inches.Any suggestions what may be wrong before I take it over tomorrow afternoon...also I checked fluid level and seen some silver in fluid....any thoughts?

15. Randall Ave

It angles to one side by default. Whey you only have three valves, but four functions, if theres metal in there, bad pump? How are the angle pistons, clean and shinny, or pitted and rusty?

16. OP
    OP
    gamesniper

gamesniper Junior Member

Angle pistons shiny and smooth any suggestions what might be bad in pump? Thanks for the quick reply

17. OP
    OP
    gamesniper

gamesniper Junior Member

Well got e47 pump asm back from rebuilder they put new crossover valve in and told me that silver in fluid was never sieze from using on valves when installed . Also they told me it is normal that blade angles slightly left when plow switch is up and held dead headed ....Any one have any comments on the plow angle to left a little as described above

18. Ledgendary

Ledgendary Junior Member

As stated earlier in posts...that is characteristic of using analog switches....if you don’t want that slight jerk to the left...go to the digital touch pad...it has a built in delay...holding the activated valve open for 500ms after power to the pump is removed....if you do switch to the digital touch pad....a diode has to be added to the under hood relay to prevent a negative spike from feeding back to the controller as the magnetic field collapses at the relay....yes analog switches will tolerate that spike digital won’t.....just joined site so reply may to too late to help....but maybe someone in the future.