1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Rear ends

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by EIB, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. EIB

    EIB Senior Member
    Messages: 258

    I looking to install a locker in my 2003 F350SD. Can someone tell me what rear it has or how to tell what it is?:confused:

    Thanks :waving:
  2. Pelican

    Pelican 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,075

    There ought to be an ID tag located on one of the rear cover plate bolts. If not, I can check mine tomorrow for you.
  3. wyldman

    wyldman Member
    Messages: 3,265

    F350 single rear wheel uses a 10 1/4 Sterling rearend.

    F350 dual rear wheel should have a Dana 80 I believe.
  4. EIB

    EIB Senior Member
    Messages: 258

    I'll run out and take a look for a tag, right after it stops raining again. My is SRW. I never heard of Sterling before. Have they used them for a while?
    Thanks guys
  5. wyldman

    wyldman Member
    Messages: 3,265

    They have been using Sterling rearends for a long time.I think Sterling is a division of Ford.