1. Podcast: Make Equipment Financing Work For Your Business
    The spring season is here, and if you’re a lawn care or landscape business owner planning to add or upgrade new equipment to your fleet, you’ll want to listen to Turf’s recent conversation with John Deere Financial about options in the market. Click here to listen
    Dismiss Notice

RD 7600 Angling ram hose issues.

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by chrishill3677, Feb 22, 2020.

1. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Does it keep breaking at the cylinder?

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

from the picks Looks to me like the hoses are too short and when the plow dips it pulls on the hoses

Hydromaster likes this.
  3. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

This is typically why angle cylinder hoses fail on a SX. Drive plow over the edge of drop off so plow can drop full length of lift cylinder and check the slack on the hoses.

theplowmeister likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    chrishill3677

chrishill3677 Member

The dealer has provided me with new hoses that are 6 inches longer than factory spec of 36 inches. I went to a hydraulic shop and tried 36 inch hose that is arctic grade. They told me most of the stock hoses break in the cold Labrador Weather. They see it all the time. So far so good with the new hoses. No breakage or leaks so far. Dealer also provided me with a gallon of SX hydraulic fluid and credited me with the 6 hoses I have already ruined this season. I agree with the fact those 36 inch hoses are way to short for the angling rams.

Western1 and Hydromaster like this.