Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, been awhile between posts on here, been a busy busy spring/ summer so far. My old 04 ram has 210 K on the clock so I started looking for a replacement. Found a 17,2500 Laramie on the salvage auction and picked it up for 11K, has 49 K miles with the 6.4 gasser in it. Like most, the front end was hit requiring me to cut and weld in new upper fender frames and replace all the skinny things the fluids run thru. Along with other odds and ends. I have about 18K into it now, repainted the whole thing just to gussy it up. Build a rack and added some Vision X cannons, I have more 30” bar to add to the opening in the front bumper. Waited 3 months for a new hood from the local dealer, boooo. I still have to paint and install it. Here’s a few pics.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Meese hit?

Looks good.

Are you going to upgrade the front bumper (which can be used for tinfoil helmets)?
no moose, not completely sure but it looks like it hit another Vehicle. No planes to replace bumper at this point, ill see how long this used one I put on lasts.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no moose, not completely sure but it looks like it hit another Vehicle. No planes to replace bumper at this point, ill see how long this used one I put on lasts.
This should be in the “rant” topic, but, I have to admit, Dodge really has a poor design on their passenger side air bag. In this case it was activated, when it deploys, it rips open a cut away in the dash, breaks the windshield and the dash is not repairable, the entire dash has to be replaced. Booooo.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm going to have to think on this, but I seem to remember an aftermarket company making a storage box to replace blown passenger side airbags (probably for imports. Guessing the truck is new enough that you would want to put another airbag in, but figured I'd bring it up in case you were looking for other options. Not sure how that would impact getting a salvage vehicle inspected (if necessary)
Interesting, in all my research I didn’t find an option like the one your talking about. I did consider just replacing the airbag and covering the dash with one of those fabric dash pads that are sold, but decided that wasn’t the look I wanted. So, a used dash from the salvage yard went in. I beleve Ford has an insert or a panel on the passenger side dash that can be replaced on some models. Much better design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts