• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Question

Goto661

Hey every so often when I'm hooking up the plow only 1 hitch pin grabs and I don't notice it right away. Well it happened this morning and I didn't notice until I took a few swipes and It was kinda leaning. I was wondering do I hurt anythin real bad when I do that or not really?

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Uh, you should ensure that both pins are in when hooking up the plow.

Best case, it leans. Worse case, you badly bend or mangle part of the coupler portion of the tower. Worst case, the 1 pin holding it breaks, the plow falls off, and you run it over. Use your imagination how that turns out.

leigh

PlowSite Veteran
Uh, you should ensure that both pins are in when hooking up the plow.

Best case, it leans. Worse case, you badly bend or mangle part of the coupler portion of the tower. Worst case, the 1 pin holding it breaks, the plow falls off, and you run it over. Use your imagination how that turns out.
Lets see,plow comes off,as it is being run over the bumper gets mangled as it crushes the moldboard, the wiring gets torn out,the front tires get blown out as the a frame tears through the radiator and into the front of engine,destroying the alternator,water pump and power steering unit.The battery explodes as the fan blade flies off,battery acid spraying all over.It then pierces the oil pan and then shears off the transmission lines and then rips part of the exhaust system off. As the truck comes back down the driveshaft gets bent and both rear tires and rims are annihilated .The steam from radiator blinds you as you struggle to control the truck with no power steering or brakes. Then you wake up:sleeping: in a sweat determined to pre check the mounting of the plow each time you hook up!Thumbs Up

leigh

PlowSite Veteran
Hey every so often when I'm hooking up the plow only 1 hitch pin grabs and I don't notice it right away. Well it happened this morning and I didn't notice until I took a few swipes and It was kinda leaning. I was wondering do I hurt anythin real bad when I do that or not really?
This happened to my wife. One pin on her snowdogg came undone and it was hanging on one pin. Bent up enough to require an hour of tweaking, learned lesson.Sometimes you get away easy,other times its a disaster . My dopey issue was failing to remember to pull the fisher stand up after hookup:hammerhead:

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Lets see,plow comes off,as it is being run over the bumper gets mangled as it crushes the moldboard, the wiring gets torn out,the front tires get blown out as the a frame tears through the radiator and into the front of engine,destroying the alternator,water pump and power steering unit.The battery explodes as the fan blade flies off,battery acid spraying all over.It then pierces the oil pan and then shears off the transmission lines and then rips part of the exhaust system off. As the truck comes back down the driveshaft gets bent and both rear tires and rims are annihilated .The steam from radiator blinds you as you struggle to control the truck with no power steering or brakes. Then you wake up:sleeping: in a sweat determined to pre check the mounting of the plow each time you hook up!Thumbs Up
I'm surprised the flying fan blade didn't result in decapitation

Probably should pay better attention when your hooking up. Never take off without checking both pins are in correctly. Never happened to me on the new plows. The old manual pins on the Meyers would drop out now and then.

Did it hurt anything probably not this time if the pin went in with ease and no noticeable damage. Anyway you look at it it's not good and should be prevented. Leave the smoke a lone while plowing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jonniesmooth

PlowSite Veteran
My plow won’t go up.....just clicks...sny idea where to look?
Probably just a relay?;):p:dancing:

This is the new down pressure feature for scraping.
My old Meyer lot pro had just 2 hitch pins, that were prone to falling out ( always at the worst possible time, like there is a good time). I put snap lock clips on them, I put cotter pins in, I put another small pin in with a cotter pin in that, eventually added safty wire to it too. They always fell out.
Finally just bolted it on, double nutted it with crown nuts and drilled holes in the bolt for cotter pins. That worked.

JMHConstruction

PlowSite Fanatic
Had my pin fall out or break off last weekend. The plow was swinging back and forth, and my DA thought I a valve or controller going out. I thought the plow was just moving on it's own.

I half-assed finished back dragging what I needed, and was heading home to swap parts and get things figured out. It was swinging so bad i got out to unhook the hoses and noticed it was hanging on by one pin:hammerhead:

I still haven't taken the plow off to look at the damage, but based on how much I struggled getting that pin in, something is bent