Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7,212 Posts
Ballast is how much weight in the bed. Some guys go buy what the dealer says and some guys put about the same weight in the bed as what the plow weighs. I have about 700-800lbs in the bed of my truck for a 7.6ft western pro w/ wings.

· Registered
1,827 Posts
robo01;474215 said:
so it said i needed 500 pounds but i carry that around in icemelt anyways so would that do? and what are timberns or how ever you say them?
what do you do if you use all your melt then? I would keep some extra ballast weight separate from your melt that you use throughout your day.

From the website:
Timbren hollow rubber springs are mounted between the truck frame and the axle. They do not take the place of the existing leaf spring, but work in conjunction with it, to improve the ride of your truck and to protect springs against overloading.

Timbren Ride Control products enhance a vehicle's empty ride quality, while providing protection against overloading, road shock, bottoming out, sway and broken springs. Timbren Front axle kits prevent front end nose diving. Together, these features provide a smooth, level ride, even with heavy loads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.