question for sonjaab

wolfie

I was wondering if you ever got your new plow installed? My new truck has been sitting at the place that is installing my Fisher V-Plow for over a week now... they are way behind with installations... My dealer alone has sent them 30 truck this month for plows!

BOSS Adam

Same here i got my truck in like 2 weeks earlier on like nov 14 and they sent it to monroe truck equipment like the next day and it was sittin in the lot for like a month and once they did get to it it took like 2 weeks to get it finished cause it was a dumptruck so by the time i got it back all the snow was gone.

Adam:D

GeoffD

PlowSite.com Veteran
Truck upfitters are always a fun group to deal with.

Now is always their bussiest time, for some reason too.

It took 3 weeks to do a double acting body, plow, and controlls.

Geoff

CT18fireman

Banned
That is why I try to do as much work as possible in my own shop. Plows aren't bad at all, 1 or 2 days. Bodies can be a bigger project. I don't know if I could handle knowing my truck was sitting somewhere for that long.

GeoffD

PlowSite.com Veteran
I guess it comes down to how valuable your time is on if you want to install yourself or not. Or if you have the tools to do the job.

If think when I spend:

18K for a double acting body
6K for a 10' Frink polly blade
4 K for the wing
12 K for the headgear and hydro systems.

After spending 42K on a truck. This truck will be around for a long time.

I will let the truck shop do it, that way it is done right, and if it doesn't work i can bring it back.

Geoff

OP
wolfie

wolfie

that was my thinking... the best price I found for a 8.5 foot fisher V-Plow was $3400 cash and carry... My chevy dealer gave me a price of $3800 installed and I figure for $400 I may as well let the pros do it... then the dealer gave me another $100 off...

WOLFIE, HEY ! finally got that new truck huh ? Awesome...
Plow going on this tues.am. Gonna have it put on here in
Syracuse. New western dealer opened 6 miles from me.
No need going back to poughkeepsie for it but they were
backed up too.. $ 2900 installed 71/2 western straight
blade with fancy control and i can use my sales tax #
on it. Sure would like a bigger plow...but I got a lot
of stuff to plow around here cars,poles. trees, etc.
I hope none of the flum dums don't work there from
the other western dealer that went out of business.
I ASKED FIRST ! It can snow all it wants after Tues.
I will be ready......I still have my other western plow
for sale...Couple of guys willing to give me $ 400 for
the whole set up like they are doing me a favor.....
Yea Right......I spent $500 last spring having the pump
rebuilt...I will let it sit and rot first.!!! I know its not
worth a whole lot but price a used western pump
then ask me !...Good luck wolfie...Don't scratch that
new truck ! Hey what color are your flairs ?
..............George

OP
wolfie

wolfie

Red truck-black flares... I think the blak flares look good on a red truck though... This isn't the truck I had ordered though... that one isn't being built until 11/19 last I heard... I couldn't wait that long! we may have snow before that! They located me this one in Gardner MA. it's the same as I ordered except it has a couple extra things on it...

I'm glad you found a good deal on a plow close by! Good luck with the install!

WOLFIE< Hey if you decide you don't like
the flairs they pull right off. NO HOLES
in body just the plastic plugs and 2
sided tape. I took mine off the first week.
Did you get sno plow prep pkg. ? Do you
know where the wires are for the roof
light (aux. light switch roof wiring) ?
If not check the chevy truck thread here.
.........Geo

mdb landscaping

oh. i had a plow installed there when it was walter simmons and sons. i guess allen lawnmower bought them out. its a busy time of year for them, but maybe you should give hartford truck equipment a call and see if they can sneak you in.

OP
wolfie

wolfie

It's being done through the chevy dealer... I didn't really have any say in it.. Now I wish I had just bought the truck without the plow and did my own shopping.... I should have it this week... The Chevy dealer told me I'd have it tomorrow but I went by Allen's today and the truck is still sitting outside so I have my doubts about tomorrow... We'll see!

thelawnguy

PlowSite.com Addict
Originally posted by mdb landscaping
oh. i had a plow installed there when it was walter simmons and sons. i guess allen lawnmower bought them out.

Does Allen's still have the shop in Agawam?

Sad to hear Simmons is no longer there. That is where I bought my Fisher, not the closest place to me, but the folks there were the most knowledgeable and helpful. Hope they only changed ownership not employees. I even asked what I should buy for spare parts, the old man says, "Fisher? Won't need any. You hit something hard enough to break something on that plow, the whole truck's coming in on a wrecker."

So far he's been right, though I now carry a spare hose.

OP
wolfie

wolfie

As far as I know they still have the one in Agawam and maybe others too... I have heard ads on the radio For Allen's. I know at least one of the old employees are still there and I think some of the others are too... My dad used to go to Simmons all the time when he worked for the MDC. They bought a lot of chansaws and other equipment and parts there.

Top Forums