Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I will take delivery on a S595 Bobcat tomorrow and just wondering if people use these on residential sidewalks or not. We have housing and apartment rentals and this winter just has been a lot more than we have had in the recent years. Basically making tunnels with my JD x739 and blower. Just curious to if people actually use something like this on 47'' sidewalks or not. Thanks and sorry if it is a stupid question.

· Registered
1,581 Posts
595’s are either 66in wide or 60in wide(at the tires), depending which wheel kit you buy it with....the sidewalks your planning to do with it must be pretty big?

And fwiw, we don’t & never have used a machine that size on residential walks....commercial walks, yes, but they were 7/8/9/10ft wide sidewalks

· Registered
7,358 Posts
Just use the blower to widen out the walks 2-3' on each side.

· Registered
60,265 Posts
If the walks are wide enough and it's efficient, go for it.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys, I honestly dont know much about bobcats and with the help you guys have given me its probably not likely to be able to use it on sidewalks like I wanted to. Just will use it for the parking lots. Thanks again!

· Registered
837 Posts
I use my Cat 252 66” bucket on 60” walks however the grass is lower than the concrete or nice and flat now. It turns the corner into 48” walks and that grass is higher itd make a mess. I have used our Kubota RTV western v plow and the float plow was fine but the tires fall off the walk sometimes into mud or icey snow.

I had a Bobcat 743 48” machine with a 50 or 52” bucket and that was great on any walks, alot off power for it. Should have never sold it!

I see lots of S70s with tiny plows but they are very slow I’d rather use a stand on unit.

· Registered
457 Posts
I use utility tractors with front mount blowers. 52 inch blowers. Fits great. Need to blow it wider. But I use these little tractors year around but blowing in my mind for houses is the way to go.

BC 595 is a great machine. I have a 650 and 750 BC. We like them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.