Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just recently bought a new truck, 2019 Silverado 2500HD, and looking to install a MVP3 plow on it. Question is, where exactly do you connect the positive cable for the plow to the battery? These new truck have a battery distribution center on top of the positive post. Any pics would help.

TIA!

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They must have changed it a bit for the 2019 because mine looks slightly different. So it looks like the positive cable for the plow is connected to one of the fused posts. What amp fuse is yours connected to? does it matter? higher the better?

· Registered
18,088 Posts
They must have changed it a bit for the 2019 because mine looks slightly different. So it looks like the positive cable for the plow is connected to one of the fused posts. What amp fuse is yours connected to? does it matter? higher the better?
I have a second battery up front that my plow harness is attached to. Mine is not a factory 2 battery truck though. I feel like on my duramax there is a stud on the drives side battery.

I would hook it to the direct battery post, not a fused one personally. One of the two posts that are all the way the the right in my picture.

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotcha. Kinda what I figured. I just wanting to make sure. Seems the electrical on my new truck is much more complicated/intricate than my 06 was. Very helpful. Thanks again Phil!

· Registered
4,475 Posts
You should go to YouTube and look up this guy mossman381 he used to come on here a lot

· Registered
4,475 Posts
Mossman has an 02... it is nothing like a 19
Ok if you have been on his channel he has gotten and sold other trucks if i lived out there i let him work on my truck better then any mechanic and he is a genius in wiring

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok if you have been on his channel he has gotten and sold other trucks if i lived out there i let him work on my truck better then any mechanic and he is a genius in wiring
Yeah, I've watched some of his YouTube videos. The man is good!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.