• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Pull plow

site

We just got our chance to try out our new Snowman pull plow last Saturday on a 2" storm, and here's what we thought-
It worked great at pulling out garage doors. It was helpful in parking lots where we could easily pull out the corners. It helped on the new account we picked up the day after the storm. the snow had iced up pretty hard, and the down pressure helped scrape most of the ice free. It looks cool too and a lot of people asked about it. We picked up a few jobs as a result.
On the downside I'm nervous sending out a less experienced driver with a $2800 tool hanging off the back of the truck where it is easy to bash into stuff and potentially break. It's a pain to put on and take off. Also, I dont have enough hands to shift and run both plows at the same time. I bet 5 years from now someone will have figured out how to put both plows on one control.
I'm definitely glad I bought it, and think it will help a lot.

PINEISLAND1

PlowSite.com Veteran
My controll for the rear blade is a single toggle, up and down, and is mounted in the Boss box alongside the other front blade controls. Very easy and convenient and second nature after an hour. I can operate both plows at the same time with one hand.

OP
S

site

This plow is on an F250 with an 8 foot Fisher, and the pull plow is an 8 too. The Fisher has the old fashioned control with the cable operated lever mounted under the dash. I can run that one in my sleep no problem. The addition of pull plow controls adds confusion. I'm thinking I might wire them to a toggle down next to the other control so I can do all that with one hand. I gotta simplify it because I have my guys driving that truck most of the time, and they have had some mishaps in the past.

greenquestlawn

Originally posted by PINEISLAND1
My controll for the rear blade is a single toggle, up and down, and is mounted in the Boss box alongside the other front blade controls. Very easy and convenient and second nature after an hour. I can operate both plows at the same time with one hand.

yep same as me.