Project F-Superduty...

OP
weareweird69

weareweird69

PlowSite.com Addict
So, I heard from the shop doing my axle work. He wasn’t too happy with the rear axle. He asked me who parked my truck in the swamp? So, in the 9? Years I’ve owned this truck, I’ve never driven it more than about half a mile until last October, which was when I realized something was wrong in the rear axle. Turns out, I was more than correct. Water had gotten into it somehow, at some point, and it was all down hill from there. All new bearings in the differential. The carrier needed replaced. Along with some of the carrier internals like thrust washers and the center pin. Whoever had this truck before me murdered this thing. The wheel bearings are going to need replaced too, along with the nuts that hold the hubs on due to corrosion. You can see all the crap that came out of the axle in the pan...

Needless to say, my bill just got larger due to the amount of cleaning they had to do. Nothing I can do about that though, it is what it is. Hopefully I’ll have it back by the weekend.

5BE77BDA-C71F-491F-A6D3-A39B945C7AF7.jpeg
509EDDF9-AD4A-4D86-88C9-096641CB48C2.jpeg
BF3A5E20-373B-448F-97FE-666DFCC497A0.jpeg

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
So, I heard from the shop doing my axle work. He wasn’t too happy with the rear axle. He asked me who parked my truck in the swamp? So, in the 9? Years I’ve owned this truck, I’ve never driven it more than about half a mile until last October, which was when I realized something was wrong in the rear axle. Turns out, I was more than correct. Water had gotten into it somehow, at some point, and it was all down hill from there. All new bearings in the differential. The carrier needed replaced. Along with some of the carrier internals like thrust washers and the center pin. Whoever had this truck before me murdered this thing. The wheel bearings are going to need replaced too, along with the nuts that hold the hubs on due to corrosion. You can see all the crap that came out of the axle in the pan...

Needless to say, my bill just got larger due to the amount of cleaning they had to do. Nothing I can do about that though, it is what it is. Hopefully I’ll have it back by the weekend.

View attachment 216214View attachment 216215View attachment 216216
Bummer