Project F-Superduty...

OP
weareweird69

weareweird69

PlowSite.com Addict
Finally got some time to work on this truck again.

Got the new parking brake cable extension box made. The old one was trash so I decided to make a nice new one that’s a lot thicker.

742F4086-03A2-4EF2-9A91-5BB417621242.jpeg

Also picked up a new tailpipe section that’s designed for the F-Superduty. It fits and looks so much better.
975FCFFA-7D56-4520-A393-BDA488A10B73.jpeg

I also emptied out the crap that was in the bed and took most of it home.

C54CFFDE-7177-4B22-9146-3620C907E18F.jpeg

But. That’s all for now. Figured I’d actually update this thread

As for the adapters you’re asking about. They got sold to a guy. Don’t remember who.

OP
weareweird69

weareweird69

PlowSite.com Addict
So, its been forever since I have done anything to this truck...

With that being said, I want to use it at my property, and with my main truck (the 95 F-250) having had a catastrophic failure and waiting on parts, I decided to work on it again.

In the past two weeks, its gotten...

160cc Stage 1 injectors
New Glow Plugs
Bellowed Stainless Up-Pipes
Rebuilt Turbo with a WW2
Irate Diesel regulated return
Custom E-Fuel setup

And the two main things are, a license plate and full insurance....

So, I can finally say the truck is on the road, but on its maiden voyage, I realized that it needs an alignment horribly bad, and a new alternator. Minus some little final touches like badges, and a set of speakers. Its pretty much ready to go.

This truck has taken WAY TOO LONG to finish, and thanks for following along with my 8 year long project. Hope you all enjoyed watching my progress!

4x4 and Alcoas.jpg

OP
weareweird69

weareweird69

PlowSite.com Addict
Ive got some more photos for you all.
E-Fuel and Turbo.jpg
Clean Valley.jpg
E-Fuel Fuel Filtres.jpg

Congrats on the truck
What is the next project ... LOL
Thanks!

Its a Short Bed, Supercab truck. Cant remember if I posted about it. But I will share photos.

Sweet ride-well worth the wait. Yeah? What’s next????
Thanks! It was a long wait! LOL

This is the newest project for myself, other than repairing my Daily Driver F250 that cracked a piston... Before photo and a current photo of the same truck, it has a completely rebuilt 7.3 and lots of new parts...
Alone.jpg
Cab on and New Engine.jpg

OP
weareweird69

weareweird69

PlowSite.com Addict
I never un-subbed from the just finished truck. So I am subbed for this project. Always fun to follow along even though I am mechanically challenged
Well, I am not done with either yet, so you'll have more than one to follow. lol The Newest project is "whole" and running and driving now. Took me about three weeks to go from the photo in my last post to this. Its at a stand still for now, because its ready to go for paint, and I don't have the money for that yet.

Truck Whole.jpeg

Truck Whole 2.jpeg

Found this today, thought of this thread
The want for another is real, but the need for another is NOT. The dump is very close to me. However, it sucks because its an IDI, and an 8' bed. If it was a 9' bed, I would buy it to put on my blue truck, and take the steel one off!

I have had some time to work on the dump truck recently since my last post. I had the axle and leaf springs sand blasted this week. I took today and painted it all to finally finish the chapter of painting the underside.

Painted Leaf Springs.jpeg

Painted Axle.jpeg

Painted Axle 2.jpeg

I also finished up my emblems that I got a long time ago. I still need to do some red painting on them though.

Polished Emblems.jpeg

The reason for the quick axle cleanup and all steel wheels is.... Its going to the driveline shop next week to get re-geared from 5:13 to 4:63. I wanted to go to a 4:10, but was advised against it due to the weight class of the truck. I agreed with him, and making that choice saved me a few hundred because I wouldn't have to buy a new carrier for the front axle. Now my top speed will go from 50mph, to about 60-65mph... I found that the rear axle oil is like mud, and the rear differential is making noise, so it gets to go on a trailer to get the axles re-done.

Nothing is ever done around here.

OP
weareweird69

weareweird69

PlowSite.com Addict
Those trucks are are almost identical to the F-SD for the conversion. But that one appears to be an oddball since it uses an 8 lug front. But still has 19.5 wheels

Thought you might find this interesting
I’m not a GM expert by any means but I thought by 92 they were offering 4x4 as a factory option on 3500 series trucks. Anyone have any insight on why a conversion would be preferable?